MOBILE WI-FI HOTSPOTS
· Hotspot devices are available to Bristol Public Library card holders only.
· Hotspot devices are available to patrons 18 years of age and older.
· Hotspot devices are loaned for 7 days with no renewals.
· Only one hotspot device per household.
· Holds may be placed by Bristol Public Library cardholders but hotspot devices will not be sent to other CLEVNET libraries.
· Hotspot devices MUST be returned to Bristol Public Library, in person at the Circulation Desk, NOT in the book drop.
· New Borrowers and Minor cards cannot place holds on or checkout hotspot devices.
· Users who repeatedly return hotspot devices late 3 times or more will lose borrowing privileges for six months.
· Users may not continually check out the hot spot device. Once returned the patron must wait for one week to check it out again.
· Users who have attempted to remove the sim card and/or adjust the settings will automatically lose their borrowing privilege.
· Internet service relies on cell tower technology and coverage and user experience can vary based on location. Service is only available in United States.
· The Bristol Public Library is not responsible for personal information shared over the internet or for information and websites accessed.
· Parents/guardians are responsible for the use of hotspot devices by minors.
· Unlawful use of the Internet or use that violates the Bristol Public Library’s Internet Use Policy is prohibited and will result in the loss of privileges.
· Hotspot devices must be charged when returning for check-in inspection.
· Hotspot devices periodically receive software updates from the service provider. Please accept the update. The software upgrade process only takes a few minutes.
FINES AND FEES
· The user will be responsible for any lost or damaged hotspot devices and accessories.
· The replacement cost for a hotspot device is $80.00.
· The replacement cost for a lost charger is $25.00.
· The replacement cost for a lost case is $25.00.
· The overdue fine is $3.00 per day.
· Overdue hotspot devices will be deactivated within 24 hours of the due date and hotspot devices not returned within 21 days of the due date will be considered lost and the patron will be charged the full replacement cost of the hotspot and accessories.